Sunnybank SHS Ranked in the Top Ten Secondary Schools across Qld
As a school community, we have united together to uphold our vision of every child improving and achieving in 2021. The collective efforts of students, staff, parents/guardians and community members to support students in their learning has merited exceptional results. Recently, our school was identified in the top ten Secondary State Schools in Queensland for academic improvement and achievement. Our school results (A-C data) improved by 10% which is a significant outcome in comparison to like schools across Queensland. We are proud of the results of our students as evidenced in their academic success.
Outstanding School Satisfaction Rates
It is affirming as a community of teachers, non-teaching staff, parents and learners to acknowledge the feedback based on our work over the past year. We are exceptionally honoured of the satisfaction rates of our staff, students and parents from the annual school opinion survey.
It has been a remarkable year for our school. Here are some of the most noteworthy highlights across our school’s results:
- Increased student enrolments
- Improved school-wide attendance rate (exceeding the State)
- Outstanding Academic Success in the Senior Phase of Learning: 99% QCE
- Wonderful outcomes for Indigenous students: 100% QCE achievement
- Fewer students arriving late to school
- Increased academic achievement by the number of students achieving A-C standards by 10% across the school.
We thank our staff, parents and carers, and community for their continued investment in the learning pathway of every student at our school and for joining with us to ensure that every child has the best opportunity to improve and achieve.