All Year 10 students at Sunnybank SHS will choose Senior Subjects at their SET Plan meeting.
A SET Plan is a Senior Education and Training Plan. The aim of SET Planning is to help students make good decisions about their learning pathways and ensure they base their subject choices on their abilities, interests and clearly articulated goals.
Sunnybank SHS will be holding SET Plan meetings from 6 to 16 September in our Administration building. Each meeting will take approximately 30 min.
Specific goals of SET Planning
- Ensure students are aware of the requirements of the QCE and have made clear, informed choices which set them up to attain a QCE.
- Ensure students are aware of the stepping stones required to achieve an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank), Vocational Qualification or an achievable career after school.
- Provide a platform from which students can seek and engage in further education and training.
- Formally document the students' learning pathway for the Senior years of schooling.
- Empower students, encouraging them to be active participants who are responsible for their own learning.
- Provide a discussion point for students, families and the school.
- Provide a tool through which the school can monitor students' progress in their Senior learning pathway.
Please follow the link on this page for more information.
The SET Plan needs to be finalised by the end of Year 10. This is a vital component of students' senior studies. The SET Plan is agreed upon by the student, their parents/carers and the school and a copy of the student's SET Plan is retained by the school as an official record.